Best Practice Clean Code TDD TeachingSee in schedule
An introduction to how to write clean code (type hinting, docstrings, inline comments et cetera) and supporting the clean code with maintainable project structure and unit tests.
Goals (with examples):
- What's clean, maintainable code? (type hinting, docstrings, inline comments et cetera)
- What's a clean, navigatable project structure?
- Should the tests package be nested into each package?
- Should my 'tests' package structure mirror the project structure? (for easy navigation of which module/package is being tested)
- (Testing) What should I test and what shouldn't I test?
- (Testing) When should I mock and when shouldn't I?
- (Testing) Writing clean test cases
- (Testing) Using pytest to utilize `parametrize` to test multiple combinations, whilst keeping a clean codebase
- Intermediate python knowledge is preferable but a good understanding of python will do.
Type: Talk (30 mins); Python level: Intermediate; Domain level: Intermediate
A software engineer, in love with clean code!