Best Practice Clean Code TDD TeachingSee in schedule: Fri, Jul 30, 13:15-13:45 CEST (30 min) Download/View Slides
An introduction to how to write clean code (type hinting, docstrings, inline comments et cetera) and supporting the clean code with maintainable project structure and unit tests.
Goals - with comparisons/examples:
- What's clean, maintainable code? (type hinting, docstrings, inline comments et cetera)
- What's a clean, navigatable project structure?
- Should the tests package be nested into each package?
- Should my 'tests' package structure mirror the project structure? (for easy navigation of which module/package is being tested)
- (Testing) What should I test and what shouldn't I test?
- (Testing) When should I mock and when shouldn't I?
- (Testing) Writing clean test cases
- (Testing) Using pytest to utilize `parametrize` to test multiple combinations, whilst keeping a clean codebase
Type: Talk (30 mins); Python level: Beginner; Domain level: Beginner
A software engineer, in love with clean code!