EuroPython is the largest conference for the Python programming language in Europe, and one of the largest Python conference word-wide.
The conference was started in 2002 and has been running annually since then. EuroPython 2021 will be our 20th edition.
The conference regularly attracts 1200-1400 attendees from all over the world.
In-person, online, hybrid
We normally run the conference as an in-person conference, but due to COVID-19 had to switch to an online format in 2020 and 2021.
The online format proved to be very successful and we are aiming to keep the added accessibility even when we (hopefully) switch back to the in-person format for EP2022 in Dublin, by creating a hybrid setup, with part of the attendees joining in-person and part online.
This is a teaser produced after EuroPython 2019 in Basel, which gives you an idea of the conference atmosphere and how our attendees feel about it:
Want to know more ?
If you want to know more about the conference, please have a look at these resources:
- EuroPython Society, the non-profit running EuroPython
- Our previous conferences: EuroPython 2020, 2019, 2018, older editions
- Over 1000+ videos on our EuroPython YouTube channel
- Over 1000+ photos on our EuroPython Flickr account: 2019, 2018, 2017
- Our FAQ, where we post answers to several common questions
- Any other questions ? Simply write to our firstname.lastname@example.org