EuroPython is the largest conference for the Python programming language in Europe, and one of the largest Python conference word-wide.
It is a completely community run conference, backed by the EuroPython Society, a non-profit registered in Sweden and implemented by its workgroups.
The conference was started in 2002 and has been running annually since then. EuroPython 2021 will be our 20th edition.
The conference regularly attracts 1200-1400 attendees from all over the world.
In-Person, Online, Hybrid
We normally run the conference as an in-person conference, but due to COVID-19 had to switch to an online format in 2020 and 2021.
The online format proved to be very successful and we are aiming to keep the added accessibility even when we (hopefully) switch back to the in-person format for EP2022 in Dublin, by creating a hybrid setup, with part of the attendees joining in-person and part online.
This year we're celebrating our 20th edition.
The conference will be run online for a whole week, just like our usual in-person format,
from July 26 - August 1:
- Two workshop/training days (July 26 - 27; Monday, Tuesday):
training sessions and workshops
- Three conference days (July 28 - 30; Wednesday, Thursday, Friday):
keynotes, talks, lightning talks, poster session
- Two sprint days (July 31 - August 1; Saturday, Sunday):
code sprints / hackathons
The sessions will be scheduled to ensure they are also accessible for those in the Asian and Americas time zones.
This is a teaser produced after EuroPython 2019 in Basel, which gives you an idea of the conference atmosphere and how our attendees feel about it:
Want to know more ?
If you want to know more about the conference, please have a look at these resources:
- EuroPython Society, the non-profit running EuroPython
- Our previous conferences: EuroPython 2020, 2019, 2018, older editions
- Over 1000+ videos on our EuroPython YouTube channel
- Over 1000+ photos on our EuroPython Flickr account: 2019, 2018, 2017
- Our FAQ, where we post answers to several common questions
- Any other questions ? Simply write to our email@example.com